UMCE linux can run(*) on your desktop! (* well, maybe)

Due to overwhelming demand (well, ok, one person), I made transcripts for
most of the things I had running on my desktop umce linux. In theory,
if you use these, you can have your very own UMCE linux desktop as
well. Or, you can put together a server that should support >4G
memory. With either, you get optional afs support. It all depends on
what you choose from:
lfs-kern-ifs-2.4.24.T < UPDATE: now has PAE (64G)
lfs-x11r6.T < this is adbisaro's nov18 build
lfs-usb-input.T
lfs-dellgx270-xf86cfg.T
lfs-openafs-1.2.11-cm-2424.T ( kernel extension; config specific. )
lfs-openafs-1.2.11-client.T ( FHS paths! )
lfs-openafs-1.2.11-server.T ( FHS paths! )
lfs-openafs-1.2.11-dev.T ( FHS paths! )
lfs-acpi.T ( hm.. probably you don't want this. )

I have build notes for most of this but need to put them together (except
for usb-input & xf86cfg, which were the result of trial and error.)

To use the kernel or other bits, you'll need to configure
lilo or grub or whatever...  To run afs, you'll probably
want to put symlinks under /etc/rc.d/init.d.  To run X,
use "startx" ( or configure xdm, or build kde, or ... )

-Marcus