UMCE linux; lfs-base-1.2.0.T; now features glibc 2.3.2

As per our meeting, I've merged glibc-2.3.2 into lfs-base.T, and
cut a new version, lfs-base-1.2.0.T .

People who want to test immediately are welcome.  It works for me,
but that may just mean I haven't managed to do anything bad yet.
Martin & Sean are making a few more changes (halt, sysctl, new kernel);
but what they're changing should not interact with what I've changed.
Still, you probably want to consolidate your testing, so you may want
to wait a few days.

Here is what's likely to be significant to you for glibc 2.3.2

(0) fixes scary DNS hole.

(1) forwards compatible but not backwards compatible.  OLD binaries
will run with the NEW library.  New binaries will not work with the
old library.  [ Ie, you might not want to upgrade your development
machine way before your production machines. ]

(2) I haven't done anything to test pthreads support.  Presumably this
works, but it would be nice to hear an actual success story here.
I believe that the ldap servers would be a good test as well as
being something we obviously want working right.

(3) I haven't done anything to look at large scary library
compatibility issues.  This *should* work, but I'm particularly
interested hearing results using glibc 2.3.2 from the web team
since I believe they represent our worst case right now.

-Marcus