From: "Michael R. Hanulec" <michael.hanulec@xxxxxxx>
Date: June 7, 2004 6:09:55 PM EDT
To: sweda@xxxxxxxxx, David Jensen <dave.jensen@xxxxxxx>
Cc: support@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fw: eval/order

Sean..

The requested configuration for the Serial Console of:

"Units must come preconfigured for serial console (9600, N E) usage so we
can install completely without attaching a monitor and keyboard."

is what is causing the serial port i/o delays. This number should be
bumped up higher, ideally to 115200, in order to kill they various delays
you are seeing before getting into the bios configuration screen and
during the Adaptec configuration.

By default we 'disable' the Quick Boot just so users can see the proper
amount of RAM installed. There is no reason it can't be re-enabled BUT I
would HIGHLY recommend you reevaluate the need for a Serial Connection
speed of 9600.

As for the Parity Check, this can be disabled due to the ECC RAM.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about the units.

-Mike