Re: coding meeting

Hello,

My name is Jason Kanov and I am a doctoral student in organizational psychology at UM. For my dissertation, I am conducting research that explores how the emotions that people experience as a result of everyday workplace interactions affect their ability to do their work. UMCE is one of the groups at ITCS that I am planning on studying. As a first step in this research, I would like to develop an understanding of the interpersonal context of UMCE--what it is like to work here, how people tend to interact (e.g., email, IM, face-to-face), how people work together to accomplish the goals of the organization, etc. I plan to do through observation by sitting in at meetings and basically just hanging out around the workplace. Eventually, I would also like to schedule one-on-one interviews and distribute a survey to anyone who is interested in participating.

Please note that I am not affiliated with ITCS. This is an independent research project and is NOT being done on behalf of or for use by ITCS. Furthermore, your participation in this research is completely voluntary. If you do wish to participate, the information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be reported in aggregate form to protect your identity. I would be happy to talk with you about any of this in more detail so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to meeting you,

Jason Kanov