Re: iptables-1.2.10.T

On Jun 28, 2004, at 1:19 PM, Allen K. Bailey wrote:
Is there a specific document explaining how builds and build notes should be done?
There is RCS on sixthday. There is CVS on terminator. Should build notes
be kept in both places with both RCS & CVS respectively?

Allen - there is a tiny document serving as a template inside the lfs cvs repository. It's named README, and looks like this:

-------------
# $Id: README,v 1.4 2003/12/10 07:12:13 sweda Exp $

This is a template for build notes.

package:
umce patch rev:
location:
notification:
notification URL:

./configure --prefix=/usr

make
make install

RCS on sixthday is for managing radmind transcripts, command files, and the config file (this list may not be exhaustive). This way, you can lock the file, and ensure that others don't make changes at the same time, over-writing your configuration.

CVS is currently on terminator, although we're planning on creating a centralized CVS server where we store all of our code. There was a lot of talk about this a few months ago, but the momentum has died down as people have focused on other projects. Perhaps this reminder will get things percolating again.

- Willie

--
Willie Northway                  University of Michigan Webmaster Team
http://willienorthway.com/       http://www.umich.edu/~umweb/