rpm experts?

Hi folks,

I was hoping that one of you might be able to help with something:
rpm2cpio is this nifty little script that turns rpms to cpio's for
extraction...  now I can turn IBM's Tivoli just fine but not dptutils
(I've downloaded dptutils from 3 different sources now)

equilibrium-catarina:; rpm2cpio TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm > TIVsm-BA.i386.cpio
CPIO archive found!

equilibrium-catarina:; rpm2cpio dptutil-3.31-2.i686.rpm >
dptutil-3.31-2.i686.cpio
Error: header not recognized

This isn't a permission issue,  as the same thing happens as root.

	-K