digi linux serial console adaptor pin-outs

So, in anticipation of those who will want to build serial console adaptors, here's the wiring pin-out for the digi to linux serial console adaptors. You can file this away for future reference instead of pulling another adaptor apart.

When looking from the wire's perspective into the serial adaptor's holes:

4 hole row:     (empty) blue  white (empty)
5 hole row:     yellow black red green brown

Yes, my eye doesn't do a good job of discerning between the vinyl red and vinyl brown, so I asked innocent bystanders to identify those colors for me, and they seem to work.

- Willie

--
Willie Northway                  University of Michigan Webmaster Team
http://willienorthway.com/       http://www.umich.edu/~umweb/