Re: cyrus imap - bad banner at 23:55

On 27 Aug 2004, at 03:32, Sean Sweda wrote:
FWIW, I've come to the conclusion that a "daily" inside of rc scripts is not the way to go. I originally wrote the syslog thing as a proof-of-concept, because at the time we were thinking of having cron invoke every script in rcX.d with "daily" (the X being determined by current run-level). Of course, we never got around to doing this with any other rc scripts. I think a better plan is to have a master "daily" cron job which executes all of the scripts inside a "daily" subdirectory. This is probably veering off topic, so I'll stop here.

So do you feel that we should be using something like FreeBSD's "periodic"?

http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=8&topic=periodic

:wes