Re: Digital concole stuff

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Andrew Douglas Inman <ainman@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: umce.linux@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Digital concole stuff
>

> I'm on the verge of ordering the next generation digi serial concentrators
> to update/replace everything we currently have out there (in the UMCE).
>
> Martin, marcus? (or anyone), do you have any negative feedback from the
> unit we've been testing since January that should prevent this?
>
> Let me know if you have any additional feedback, I plan on putting the order
> out later in the week.
>
>        -- Andrew

The etherlite has one fault: it cannot send a break.  This isn't
a problem for our linux machines (for now) but it could be a problem
for suns where sending a break is useful.  I believe this is a firmware
issue with the firmware inside the unit, not a hardware issue or
a linux driver issue.  But it would be worth contacting the digi folks
to see what they say.

				-Marcus