zero channel raid for dell 1750

The dell 1750's we have all have "mpth" scsi support,
and the same chipset as the
lsi 53c1030

I believe this:

http://www.lsilogic.com/products/ultra320_scsi_raid/3200064.html
megaraid scsi 320-0
http://www.lsilogic.com/files/support/rsa/txt/Change_History_Readme.txt

will work with that and do zero-channel raid.  Looks like there's
a linux driver, available in source, and companion linux monitoring
tools, which I didn't look at but suspect are no better/worse than
what we currently get on the supermicros.

I believe this is also what Dell repackages and sells as "perc 4/di".
>From a very cursory web search, looks like other people have no problem
with it, provided they get new enough drivers.

Here's a page that talks more about how various dell perc
flavors map into the actual hardware families:

http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/perc.html

				-Marcus