Re: Fwd: radmind boot cd

Patrick M McNeal <mcneal@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> To: umce.linux@xxxxxxxxx
> From: Patrick M McNeal <mcneal@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Fwd: radmind boot cd
> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:11:51 -0500
>
> > From: Matt Selsky <selsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Can we get a copy of the image that you guys use to bootstrap your
> > Linux
> > machines?
>
> Does the boot CD currently contain our certs?  If so, how hard would it
> be to pull them out?  Is there any other sensitive information in
> there?  Is this something we are willing to give out?
>
> > Also, we have our radmind server set up.  Can we steal your LFS recipes
> > or maybe even some binary packages?
>
> This brings up the question, what can we share?  I'm comfortable giving
> access to anything in the shared/folder.  Anyone have a problem with
> that?
>
> Does base still have some sensitive information in it or is that okay
> to share?
>
> This work will also help us share UMCE linux on campus.

The boot cd images I've made up all have certs on them.
There is no other sensitive information on the cd.

I've been meaning to pull the certs, just haven't had a chance.
I can easily make up boot cd's that don't have certs,
if people would find that useful.  I've been meaning to make
up boot cds that have a newer generic kernel, fsck, radmind
tools, and perhaps additional "rescue" type tools, such as
raid.  So far, this has been pretty low priority.

				-Marcus