Ethernet problems (fwd)

Any ideas?

      -- Andrew

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:27:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael C Garrison <mcgarr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Andrew Douglas Inman <ainman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ethernet problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:34:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael C Garrison <mcgarr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Martin Joseph Sager <mjsager@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Albert Bertram <bertrama@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ethernet problems

On these two tests machines I'm working on, I've stumbled on a weird issue I
can't figure out.

Everything works fine from the CD. I had no issues at all with that.. as soon
as I boot off the drives, this happens repeatdly:

e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

It happens on both machines. It doesn't end unless if ifconfig eth0 down. I
can't ping either machine, nor can I ping from either machine. The only thing I
can really notice is that the cd is kernel versin 2.4.25 and what is installed
is 2.4.26.

So.. any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas let me know!

--
Mike Garrison