Re: Meeting reminder: umce.linux Wed 1/26/04 (Today) @ 3 pm

On 26 Jan 2005, at 09:28, Albert Bertram wrote:
10 reorganization of base.T into parts (wes)

To help facilitate this discussion, I dug up the following notes from the "makeworld" 2004/03/22 meeting. If someone has a more current version of this list, please share.

:wes
Core:
    bash
    bind (we neeed to decide on bind8 or bind9)
    bzip2
    coreutils
    diffutils ( radmind dependency )
    e2fsprogs
    eject - (machine location tool)
    findutils
    gawk
    gettext ( lots of dependencies )
    glibc
    grep
    gzip
    less
    "fotm" bootloader (lilo, grub, etc.)
    modutils
    ncurses
    nettools
    netkit-base (for ping ONLY)
    nvi
    openssh
    openssl
    psmisc ( possible rc dependencies )
    radmind
    sed
    "fotm" init
    tar ( backing up data )
    util-linux ( fdisk, mount... )
    zlib

?????:
    equiv to LFS bootscripts

Min ( base ):
    bc
    cpio
    cvs
    *cron - version tbd
    dump
    ed
    file
    gdb
    groff(*)
    libpcap
    lsof
    m4
    make
    nmap
    ntp (but check rc)
    pam
    pax
    procinfo(?)
    procps
    rcs
    sendmail (SASL & BerkeleyDB dependencies)
    shadow
    strace
    sysklogd (boot, RC deps)
    tcpdump
    time
    wget
    which
    xinetd
    nail
    sysstat
    libnet
    mtr
    tcptraceroute (traceroute replacement)
    whois
    finger
    rsync

Dev:
    autoconf
    automake
    binutils
    bison
    flex
    gcc
    libtool
    nasm
    patch
    texinfo

TBD:
    man
    man pages

CD building:
    bin86
    cdrtools
    libjpeg ( or patch the make file)
    libpng
    libtiff
    netpbm

other loadsets:
    dhcpcd
    diction
    gdbm
    ispell (aspell? - used on mail.umich)
    libxml2
    libxslt
    minicom
    mtools
    nALFS
    perl
    scowl (spelling dicts)
    spell
    syslinux
    kbd
    cramfs
    tip
    ethtool

What's in a bootCD?:
    Installation Process
    partitioning
    network config
    ?-use aBSD install script-?
    fast build scripts must be flexible (low maint.)
    rescue-
    fast to boot

man pages in core:
    have groff for reading