Update on NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed

I've managed to track down what was causing the repeated "NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out" on the machines I was working on. Both the new and old boot cds have acpi turned off in the kernel via the lilo configuration.

The loadset I was using did not have this in the lilo configuration, so
it was staying turned on. However, this was causing the problems above. I have a feeling it has to do with the ACPI options in the bios, as production machines we have work with ACPI turned on.

I'm going to do some testing to confirm this and will follow up on this e-mail sometime late next week.

--
Mike Garrison