Re: halt script in lfs-base

Ah, very understandable. I just noticed it when I was trying to halt a machine and it seemed odd, but I understand now.

--
Mike Garrison

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Sean Sweda wrote:

On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Michael C Garrison wrote:

I dont know if this has been answered before, but is there a particular reason the halt script in the lfs-base has halt commented out and /bin/bash added?

because that script can be called at various points because of boot script errors, and the halt leaves the machine unresponsive on serial console, requiring physical handling of the machine (power-cycle)... this is very undesirable for remote management

Sean