ABS client library (fwd)

...and here is the first message

-don

------------ Forwarded Message ------------ Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2005 10:16 AM -0400 From: michael shiplett <michael.shiplett@xxxxxxxxx> To: Donald Boettner <dwb@xxxxxxxxx>, rsc@xxxxxxxxx Subject: ABS client library

I have placed source code for a kerberos 5 version of the
ABS client libraries at
   http://www-personal.umich.edu/~walrus/absys-1.99a.tar.gz

The main change is the AO_Connect() and ABS_Connect() routines
attempt to use a keytab or Kerberos 5 ticket. To convert an
existing srvtab to a keytab
   % ktutil
   ktutil:  rst SRVTAB-FILE
   ktutil:  wkt KEYTAB-FILE
   ktutil: quit

If there is no keytab specified to the routine (such as might
be the case when using the newabs_test program), the *_Connect()
routines will try looking for a Kerberos 5 ticket.

The ABS test server is tune.abs.itd.umich.edu. A sample ABS.CONF
file using tune as the server would contain

   UMICH.EDU
   UMICH.EDU TUNE.ABS.ITD.UMICH.EDU abs development server

The build procedure uses `configure' and supports building shared
libraries of ABS and AS.  MIT Kerberos 5 and OpenAFS distributions
are required when building.  You may specify their locations via
--with-krb5=KRB5-LOCATION and --with-afs=AFS-LOCATION.

I've successfully built and tested this on Solaris 2.8 and UMCE Linux.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues or have questions.

michael

!DSPAM:42a5ac5b172561460828272!

don boettner                    dwb@xxxxxxxxx
ITCS Printing Group                763-4903