Re: Meeting, 6/22, call for items

5) (mcgarr, or bertrama) CONFIG_FILTER=y in kernel ?
I understand that console servers and/or di boxes require this for their dhcp server.

For reference the kernel documentation has this to say:

CONFIG_FILTER
  The Linux Socket Filter is derived from the Berkeley Packet Filter.
  If you say Y here, user-space programs can attach a filter to any
  socket and thereby tell the kernel that it should allow or disallow
  certain types of data to get through the socket.  Linux Socket
  Filtering works on all socket types except TCP for now.  See the
  text file <file:Documentation/networking/filter.txt> for more
  information.

  You need to say Y here if you want to use PPP packet filtering
  (see the CONFIG_PPP_FILTER option below).

If unsure, say N.

5) (bertrama) 2.4.31 builds are out there shared/kernel-1.4.0.T The configuration changes we discussed shared/kernel-1.4.1.T 1.4.0 + CONFIG_FILTER=y

5) (bertrama) boot cd anouncements/requests for feedback:
    does it do what you want?
    can it do what you want better?

5) (clunis?, or anyone else involved with cvs.itd ) web and anonymous cvs
    access to cvs.itd.umich.edu ?