Linux on my laptop

I am interested in working with Linux starting with one of my laptops and eventualy switching over from Windows on my desk tops. Will something like a Linux blue disk be available soon?

I have been discussing this with Albert Bartram at Angell Hall.

Among other things, I would be concerned about having a functioning dial up program. I would also need a good ICP that could work with ProCite and possibly Photoshop Elemts for Windows. I already use Open Office and Mozilla almost exclusively, so I do not need MS Office, etc. Thanks,

Larry D. Noodén, Professor Emeritus Phone 734-764-4436
Biology-MCDB/EEB FAX 734-647-0884
University of Michigan FAX 734-763-0544
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1048