/etc/krb5.conf

hey all,

marcus recently brought a problem with the weblogin servers to the cosign team's attention - basically these 2 lines in /etc/krb5.conf:

	default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
	default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

these lines cause a certain number of users to get a "preauthentication failed" error when they authenticate to https:// weblogin.umich.edu. I've removed these lines on https://cosign- test.www.umich.edu and this seems to have fixed the problem ( thanks, Marcus :). I plan to propagate this fix out to the production weblogin servers during a near future maintenance window.

The reason I mention this to the group is that a "twhich -a" on the weblogin servers shows an /etc/krb5.conf in both lfs base and in the mit krb transcripts. I figured someone else might run into this eventually, so here it is, on the table, for discussion and what not.

-Johanna